Give Time by Volunteering in The Gardens!
A&M encourages volunteerism, encourages being one of a thousand points of light, helping others … and it comes naturally to Aggies. – Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush
Service Opportunities include:
- Tour Volunteers
- Outreach Education Volunteers
- Event Service Volunteers
- Horticulture Volunteers
- Stream Clean Team Volunteers
Steps to Start Volunteering in The Gardens:
- Choose which service opportunity is right for you. Click the link above and read the detailed description below.
- Send an e-mail to our program coordinator, Elizabeth Marchio, stating which service job you’re interested in.
- We will send you the application materials and, once paperwork is complete, we will e-mail you with more details!
We look forward to having you!
Descriptions of our Service Opportunities:
Free tours are provided for the community and visitors. These are popular and well attended, thus requiring a large number of educated, friendly tour guides. Master Gardeners and Master Naturalists are encouraged to apply!
• Garden Guide – guides are able to speak in front of a wide range of adult-aged visitors, providing accurate information about The Gardens, plants, and horticulture.
• Garden Guide for Children – guides for children perform the same function as a Garden Guide for adults but are officially certified kid-approved with a background check and have a kid-friendly personality!
• Wildlife Interpreter – our Gardens attract all kinds of wildlife; we’d like to have volunteers share their wild information!
Outreach Education Volunteers
On-site outreach opportunities are those done in The Gardens. Outreach is aimed at sharing accurate information as well as interesting occurrences in The Gardens.
• Social Media Ambassador – beautiful photos and witty captions wanted! Sign up to be a social media ambassador for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter!
Event Services Volunteers
Providing an event space helps fund the ongoing improvements to The Gardens! Likewise, we need friendly faces and strong workers to help us make each event a memorable experience for guests!
• Events Team – get volunteer experience by working at an event in The Gardens! Jobs vary with event and encompass jobs such as set-up and clean-up, garden guides, and logistical help. Be prepared to lift up to 25 pounds!
Volunteers with experience in gardening or who would like to get started in gardening can sign up to be horticulture volunteers! When signing up, let us know if you’re interested in signing up a group and we will contact you with more information on Adopting a Garden!
• Volunteering as an Individual – familiar with gardening techniques such as mulching, pruning, and planting? We always need an extra hand or two!
• Volunteering as a Group: Adopt a Garden – interested in getting dirty in The Gardens? We have just the job for you! For one-year you can Adopt a Garden. Sign up your family, friend group, church group, or just yourself. More information coming soon!
Stream Clean Team Volunteers
Like much of Bryan/College Station, heavy rains flood the creek running through The Gardens. This brings a regular influx of plastic trash that gets stuck in the riparian areas. Get wet and help us keep White Creek Clean!
• Stream Clean Team – bring your waders and we’ll supply the garbage bags for stream clean up!
For more information on The Gardens Volunteer Program please contact:
Elizabeth A Marchio
Outreach and Program Development Graduate Assistant