Tours will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm, during the Fall and Spring semesters. During the Summer semesters, tours will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. Groups must have a minimum of 10 people, with a maximum of 25 people. If there is a group of less than 10 participants, we encourage you to explore the self-guided tour options or join us for one of our monthly guided tours (coming soon).
Guided tours typically last about 90 minutes, and will include walking for about half a mile. The Gardens are wheelchair accessible.
Tours will be completely outdoors, so please dress appropriately for the weather. We recommend bringing a hat and sunscreen. Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are recommended. If severe weather is expected, we will be in contact with the organizer of your group to discuss options for cancellation or rescheduling.
All guided tours will meet at the AgriLife Event Center, located at 556 John Kimbrough Blvd, College Station, TX 77843.
Scheduling & Payment
- To request a tour, please read through these guidelines and then fill out The Gardens Tour Request Form.
- Tours should be requested at least 3 weeks in advance of the desired date.
- Payment must be made to confirm your tour date and time.
- If you must cancel your tour, we require that you alert the Garden’s team at least 24 hours in advance. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (979)314-2357. If you decide to reschedule, you must submit a new tour request form.
- The Gardens team will do their best to accommodate a reschedule if needed, or warranted due to severe weather, otherwise, we do not offer refunds for tour groups.
- Revenue generated from our tour groups goes towards educational programming and general maintenance for the Gardens.
Official Texas A&M University groups can schedule a tour at no cost. This includes groups such as academic classes or programs, recognized student organizations, and/or faculty or staff groups or teams.
Alumni groups booked through the Association of Former Students will have a base fee of $45 per guide. If your group is expected to have more than 25 people, you will need a second guide for an additional $45.
All other groups will have a base fee of $45, plus a per-person fee after the first 10. If your group is expected to have more than 25 people, you will need a second guide for an additional $45, plus a per-person fee after the next 10.
All options for parking can be found on The Gardens Parking and Transportation webpage.
Checking In & Garden Etiquette
A member of The Gardens Team will meet you at the AgriLife Event Center a few minutes prior to your tour start time. They will be wearing a green vest, and/or a TAMU Gardens nametag. If you arrive late, you may be given an abbreviated tour. Tour guides will be dismissed and you will not receive a tour if you are late by 30 minutes or more.
Please mind the following guidelines during your visit to help us keep The Gardens beautiful:
- The Gardens are for everyone to enjoy! Please leave flowers and plants as they are. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, labels, etc.
- Please stay on pathways and designated lawns and walking areas.
- Be mindful of trash and items you bring into The Gardens. We care about the environment – please dispose of all waste in trash bins conveniently located around The Gardens.
- Confetti, glitter and similar materials are harmful to the plants and animals of The Gardens and are strictly prohibited.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- No climbing on trees or structures. No wading into water features.
- The Gardens are a tobacco-free environment.
- Please note that during events, photographs may be taken and used for promotional purposes.
- Please view our Photography Guidelines.
Education & Outreach Coordinator