Planning an educational trip to The Gardens
- Book at least 2 weeks in advance using the request a tour form
- Classes for 10-40 students
- Chaperones – 8 students per adult
- Plan to spend 1 to 1.5 total hours at The Gardens
- We offer age appropriate tours and hands on learning activities.
- You can bring a picnic lunch to enjoy in The Gardens or we can make arrangements to purchase box lunches to be delivered.
- PreK – 2nd Grade: Parts of a Plant station investigation
- 3rd – 5th Grade (simplified); 7th – Biology (target audience): Photosynthesis
- 3rd – 12th Grade: Pollination and symbiotic relationships
- Scouts Lesson Plan: https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive
The Gardens are a living classroom for agriculture, sustainability, and nature. Our 7-acre green-space hosts a wide range of educational activities:
- Youth Education Programs
- PreK-12 field trips
- 4-H and Scouting trips
- Junior Master Gardener demos
- Teacher training
- Hundreds of species of plants, insects, and wildlife provide teaching opportunities for all ages.
The Gardens’ mission is to engage the community in a living teaching environment, to engage curiosity and discovery, and to develop wonder for the natural world.