The Gardens Benefactors are a distinguished group of donors who provide important, strategic support for the construction and long-term maintenance of this exceptional addition to the Texas A&M Campus.
Amy ’84 and Tim ’82 Leach
Phase I of The Gardens, the Leach Teaching Gardens, have been made possible in large part by the generosity of Amy and Tim Leach of Midland, Texas.
The couple, who recently contributed to the university’s Engineering Education Complex, believes strongly that former students with adequate means should invest in Texas A&M.
Tim Leach is the chairman and CEO of Concho Resources Inc. Since transitioning to a public company in 2007, Concho has been one of the fastest-growing oil and gas producers in the United States.
Founding Donors ($100,000+)
Leach Teaching Gardens: Amy ’84 and Tim ’82 Leach
- Edna Fuchs Memorial Rose Bed: The Monroe H. Fuchs ’56 Family and Ideal Poultry, Inc.
- Mexican Heritage Garden: Meta Alice Keith Bratten Foundation
- Leach Vineyard: Amy ’84 and Tim Leach ’82
- The Marjorie Ann Klaevemann Memorial German Heritage Garden: Anonymous
Czech Heritage Garden in honor of Susan and George Chmelar: Quad-Tex
- Butterfly and Bee Garden: Elizabeth A.’79 and Gary B. Young ’77
- Bobbitt Family Grand Arbor: Jackson, Kate, Liv, Nora, Cassie and Matt Bobbitt ’99
- Tim M. ’84, Holly C. ’84, Kindall A. ’14 and Taylor S. Stephens ’17 Family Texas Superstar® Garden: Tim M. ’84, Holly C. ’84, Kindall A. ’14 and Taylor S. Stephens ’17 Family
- The Sharon and Kelly Burt Family Homestead Garden: Sharon and Kelly Burt
- Sally Young Johnson Herb Garden: Barry Johnson ’87, Joy ’20 and Jesse Johnson ’21 and Blooming Colors Nursery & Landscaping
- Dan D. Clinton, Sr. ’21 Memorial Century Oak II: Daniel D. Clinton Jr. ’52 and Kenneth B. Clinton ’53
- The Citrus Grove in memory of Martha and James H. Ware and in honor of Sue and Kenneth L. Martin: Anna ’86 and Mike Martin ’87
- Kelleher Pavilion Terrace: Lisa Surman Kelleher ’83 and J. Michael Kelleher ’81
- Pavilion: available for naming
- Joe and Shirley Swinbank Farmer’s Market: Shirley and Joe Swinbank ’74
- Eleanor and Curtis Taber ’62 Vegetable Farm Garden: Wendy ’91 and Steve Taber ’89 and Southwest Wholesale Nursery
- Bird Garden: Elizabeth A. ’79 and Gary B. Young ’77
- Overlook: available for naming
- Landmark Nurseries Tree Park: Landmark Nurseries, Inc./Jim Prewitt,Kevin Norris
- Morris and Lydia Norman Pecan Bottom:Christie and Stephen T. Norman ’82
- Harriet and Joe B. Foster ’56 Maroon and White Garden: Harriet and Joe B. Foster ’56
- Food and Fiber Fields: available for naming
- Ben ’99 and Barbie ’99 Collinsworth Landscape Design and Construction Demonstration: Barbie ’99 and Ben Collinsworth ’99
- Fruit Orchard: Elizabeth A. ’79 and Gary B. Young ’77
- Texas Nursery & Landscape Association Outdoor Classroom: Texas Nursery & Landscape Association
- Mary Helyn’s Rain Garden: Susan L. Humble ’85
- Texas Master Gardeners Earth-Kind® Garden: Texas Master Gardener Association, Inc.**
- Patty and Joe Hlavinka, Jr. ’56 Farm Road: Sarah Hlavinka ’86 and Mark McConnell
- McCord Pavilion Plaza: McCord Engineering, Inc. and Jimmy D. McCord ‘69
- Garden Walk: G. Rollie White Trust
- Bethancourt Family Kitchen Garden: Deborah F. ’76 and John E. Bethancourt ’74
- Lou Cashion Memorial Cottage Garden: Family and Friends of Lou Cashion
donor named gardens are subject to approval by the Texas A&M University
System Board of Regents.
**See full list of Master Gardener contributions below.
Benefactors ($25,000 – $99,999)
- Ball Horticulture Company
- Ellen and Jim Ellison
- Mary and Charles H. Gregory ’64
- Susan and Dan T. Haile ’96
- Melissa G. ’81 and Mark A. Hussey ’79 in honor of Agnes M. and George D. Hussey
- Theresa and Dan Lineberger, Ph.D.
- LMC Landscape and Tree Care/Bill Cox ’70
- The Ludden Family: Daniel C. Ludden ’78, Lynnis A. Ludden ’83, Dr. Scott I. Johnson ’80
- Sarah ’84 and Mark Philpy ’77
- Rita D. and Mark B. Puckett ’73
- Cindy and Bruce A. Smith ’67
Heritage Benefactors ($25,000+)
- Dr. Raymond E. and Renee Barsalou Frisbie
- Jim Ellison
- Environmental Design, Inc.
- Extension Service Club
- Landmark Nurseries, Inc.
- Landscapers Pride
- Rancho Encino Tree Farm
- Roger D. ’78 and Evon Schulze
- Sustainable Growth Texas, LLC
- Tree Town USA
To become a benefactor, a gift of support for $25,000 or more can be made one of three ways, through the Texas A&M Foundation online, by mail, or by phone. Gifts may be made in one or multiple payments spanning up to a five-year period.
- All gifts are tax-deductible and receipted through the Texas A&M Foundation
- Private tour
- Official decal
- Event invitations
- Discounts on event spaces
- Complementary membership as a Friend of The Gardens
- Newsletter with insider content and updates
- Exclusive naming opportunities starting at $100,000
You can give online or send your gift by mail.
Mail a check:
Please make checks payable to the Texas A&M Foundation and include “Friend of the Gardens” in the memo space. Please direct checks to:
Texas A&M Foundation
401 George Bush Drive
College Station, TX 77840-2811
Jennifer Ann Scasta ’11
Senior Director of Development, Texas A&M Foundation
Bailey Allison ’21
Assistant Director of Development, Texas A&M Foundation